Having had a taste of what it was like to work in a busy, stressful environment in retail head office in London, when I became a mum, I decided that path was not for me anymore. That crazy, hectic life, where I burnt the candles at both ends, gave me stress, anxiety, panic attacks and left me feeling overwhelmed and unwell. I was not leading my best life and was very far away from my true self.
Being a stay-at-home mum gave me time to re-think my future and where my path was headed, so I trained in holistic therapies, back in 2005. My desire to help people was strong and it was important to me, to be able to help people who were experiencing anxiety and stress. Having had anxiety and panic attacks from the age of 18 through to about 30 and keeping it a secret from many, meant that I found my own way of dealing with it. My mission in life is to share the natural healing methods I learnt with others and help people find their own inner stillness.
Throughout my career as holistic therapist, I have had some wonderful experiences:
- volunteering at The Day Treatment Centre at The Orchards, St James Hospital as a volunteer co-ordinator in the group therapy sessions
- providing holistic treatments at The Quiet Mind Centre in Southsea
- providing a massage service for staff at Portsmouth City Council
- providing a massage service for the staff of Portsmouth Adoption Services
- providing relaxation sessions to adoption mothers and daughters
- providing hand massage to the elderly ladies and massage to the staff of The Royal Albert Day Service
- providing a mobile holistic therapy service for women
I have a passion for learning and have achieved the following qualifications:
- VTCT Level 3 Swedish Massage
- VTCT Level 3 Reflexology
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology
- Reiki Level 1 & 2
- EFT Practitioner and Member of AMT
- Level 1 Developing Interpersonal Skills
- London School of Reflexology Facial Reflexology
- London School of Reflexology Advanced Facial Reflexology
- Diploma in Pregnancy Reflexology
- Diploma in Pregnancy Massage
- NCFE Level 2 Mental Health Awareness
- Level 3 Counselling Skills
- London School of Reflexology Zone Face Lift
- Diploma in Reproflexology
- Diploma in Meditation, Mindfulness, Movement & Relaxation
- Munay-Ki Rites Practitioner
- Reiki Master
Becoming who I really am is my purpose in life. The following 'tools' have (and still do) help me grow and evolve (many of which I share in sessions with clients if asked and if for their highest good):
- I meditate daily and have accessed this inner stillness since the age of 25 (I am now 47) to help me stay anchored in the present moment.
- I incorporate the Law of Attraction into my life to create the life of my dreams.
- I use Positive Affirmations daily to help overcome negative thinking and over-analysing.
- I use Bach Remedies for any time I feel overwhelmed with unhelpful emotions.
- I practice Qui Gong every morning to keep my Chi flowing and my energy high.
- I am not religious but I try to encompass Buddhist philosophies in my life, practicing compassion, kindness and unconditional love to my family and extending love and light to all beings.
- I am aware that our relationships are mirrors of ourselves and have worked on myself, with the help of professionals, to ensure that I do not project unhealed trauma and negative experiences onto other.
- My number 1 relationship is my husband, Scott, who I have been married to for 21 years and he has shown me every part of me and helped to heal my past.
- My number 2, 3 and 4's are my children (Jude, Saffron and Lawson) who also mirror to me that which is needing healing. I am so grateful for their presence in my life and they have helped me learn the beautiful feeling of gratitude.
- I eat a plant-based diet, consume very little alcohol and have an awareness that nutrition plays a big part in a healthy mind and body.
- I connect regularly to nature - walking in woods or along the seafront. This helps me feel a sense of being part of the greater whole and is a great antidote to stress.
- I practice self-care by ensuring my energy levels are high, through having weekly holistic treatments myself. I also listen to my body when it tells me I need to rest.
- I embrace the challenge of trying to be my best self every day, so that I can share my energy with my family, friends and my clients.
- I can now accept myself as I am.
It almost feels like I was supposed to experience the years of anxiety, so that I could help others, therefore I am grateful for those dark years. I now love every moment of guiding and supporting others to live a happier and more magical existence.